If you need an easy chicken recipe with just a few ingredients this is a great one. This Crock-Pot Swiss Chicken Casserole is creamy, cheesy, with a little crunchy top that you will love!
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Casserole
I threw this casserole together on a whim simply because I had some chicken already thawed and needed to come up with something to do with it for dinner. I wanted something easy but of course it had to be tasty too!
Luckily I had some stuffing mix and a can of cream of chicken soup already in my pantry. And some Swiss cheese in the refrigerator.
My family really enjoyed this recipe as I am sure yours will too! A nice side salad or perhaps some steamed vegetables served as a side dish makes this a complete dinner.
Oh and if you need to bring a casserole dinner to a sick friend, I think this would be great for that!
Crock-Pot Swiss Chicken Casserole Recipe
- If desired, spray a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray to make clean up easier.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker in a single layer.
- Lay slices of Swiss cheese on top of chicken breasts.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together the can of soup, milk and melted butter.
- Pour soup mixture mixture over chicken breasts.
- Top everything with the dry stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.