Impress your party guests with this fantastic yet EASY recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip! Serve with sliced bread, fresh vegetables or chips! This recipes comes together fast and tastes amazing and rich!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip
If you need a warm dip recipe to serve at a party or bring to a get together of friends and family this fantastic dip is designed to impress!
On the other hand I wanted a recipe that was EASY to make too. My requirements for easy are…
- No fancy ingredients. I want to be able to shop at my local chain grocery store and find everything I need without going to some gourmet store. For this recipe, I found everything I needed at my local Super Walmart.
- No precooking anything. No browning meat, cooking bacon, caramelizing onions. Nothing like that.
- No chopping of a bunch of ingredients. If I have to chop more than 3 different items I consider that work. 🙂
So this warm dip fits all of those easy requirements. And it literally took me less than 15 minutes to get everything ready and thrown in the slow cooker. The hardest part was grating the cheese. But if you want to buy pre-grated cheese that would save even more time!
To serve this dip I choose a nice loaf of whole grain bread with all sorts of seeds and nuts in it. I was planning on just buying a regular French baguette, but alas my grocery store was all out except for a few rock hard loaves on the discounted baker rack.
I passed on that and picked up the whole grain bread instead because it looked great and I love bread that has more texture and flavor.
But this warm and cheesy dip can be served with any sort of bread, pita chips, sturdy potato or tortilla chips or even raw vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, celery, etc.
As a bonus, if you would like to make a creamy sauce to go over pasta, make the dip according to the directions but add 2 cups of milk during the last hour of cooking. Serve the sauce over your favorite cooked pasta and top with additional Parmesan cheese. YUM!
Check Out These Fantastic Hot Dips Too!
- Slow Cooker Tamale Dip
- Crock-Pot Dulce de Leche
- Slow Cooker Caramel Dip
- Crock-Pot Queso Blanco Dip + Video
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Taco Dip + Video
Crock-Pot Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 14 ounces Canned Artichoke Hearts (drained and each artichoke cut into fourths)
- 12 ounces Lump Crab Meat
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 medium Shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Prep all ingredients and add everything to a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Stir with a rubber spatula or spoon to combine the ingredients a little bit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours. Remove lid, give everything a good stir, recover and continue cooking on LOW for an additional 2 hours.
- Stir once more at the end of the cooking time before serving.
- If desired, dip may be kept on the WARM setting for up to 2 hours to allow your party guests to enjoy the dip while it is nice and warm.
Could you use shrimp instead of crab? Would you use cooked or raw shrimp?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Jennie, this recipe has not officially been tested using shrimp but it may work. If I were going to try it I think I would use chopped raw shrimp since it cooks so quickly. Just be careful not to overcook the shrimp. If you give it a try come back and let us know how it turned out for you!