Enjoy this simple and easy to make Crock-Pot Caramel Dip made in the slow cooker. Perfect for dipping apples, pretzels or drizzled over ice cream! YUM!
Crock-Pot Caramel Dip
Nothing says fall more to me than caramel apples and so, I wanted to make up a yummy homemade caramel dip in my slow cooker.
After making this caramel dip, I sliced up some juicy Honeycrisp apples as well as some tart Granny Smith apples and dipped on into this warm and gooey dip. My husband and kids got in on the action and we had a fantastic tasting snack.
Of course there are a bunch of other uses for caramel dip too…let me elaborate on some of my favs.
10 Ways To Use Caramel Dip
- Fruit Dip – Apples, sliced bananas, pears, figs, cherries and even orange slices are all fantastic dipped in warm caramel.
- Pretzel Dip – Pick your favorite size and shape of pretzels and dip on in. From classic pretzels to pretzel rods, it is all good!
- Ice Cream Topping – Warm caramel dip is just amazing when drizzled over ice cream. Vanilla and chocolate ice cream are classics but try it over your favorite ice cream flavor too!
- Apple Pie Topping – Oh yes, take an apple pie over the top with some warm caramel sauce spooned on each slice! This also works for other types of pie…peach, pear, even pumpkin pie!
- Oatmeal – A little bit of caramel sauce takes oatmeal (with or without apples in it) to the next level.
- Yogurt – I love a bowl of Greek style yogurt topped with some fresh fruit, granola and to sweeten it a spoonful of caramel stirred in.
- Coffee – Instead of adding sugar to your cup of morning joe, spoon in some caramel into your hot coffee for a homemade caramel latte (just add milk or cream).
- Hot Chocolate – Make our Crock-Pot Thick & Creamy Hot Chocolate (its amazing!) and top each cup with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
- Cookie Sandwiches – Take two of your favorite cookies (shortbread, chocolate chip, vanilla wafers, etc) and put a little cooled caramel in between. YUM
- S’Mores – Want to make your campfire s’mores even gooier? Add some caramel to the classic chocolate, graham cracker and marshmallow combination.
Got more ideas for using up some caramel? Leave them in the comments below!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar (Light or dark brown sugar will work in this recipe)
- Dark Corn Syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Kosher Salt – For a “salted caramel” feel free to add more salt to the recipe. Start with adding a 1/4 teaspoon, taste it and add more, a little at a time until you have the desired saltiness you desire.
- Combine all ingredients into a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the mixture comes to a simmer (approximately 2 to 3 hours).
- Stir well to make sure everything is combined.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM to keep caramel sauce warm while serving.
- 4 Quart Slow Cooker OR 5 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
More Dessert Recipes To Try:
- Crock-Pot Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Express Pumpkin Cheesecake + Video
- Crock-Pot Better Than Sex Cake + Video
- Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding
- Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies
|Dessert Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|
|4 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes||5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Dip Crock-Pot Recipes||Fall Slow Cooker Recipes|