Enjoy this simple and easy to make Crock-Pot Caramel Dip made in the slow cooker. Perfect for dipping apples, pretzels or drizzled over ice cream! YUM!
Slow Cooker Caramel Dip
Nothing says fall more to me than caramel apples and so, I wanted to make up a yummy homemade caramel dip in my slow cooker.
After making this caramel dip, I sliced up some juicy Honeycrisp apples as well as some tart Granny Smith apples and dipped on into this warm and gooey dip. My husband and kids got in on the action and we had a fantastic tasting snack.
Of course there are a bunch of other uses for caramel dip too…let me elaborate on some of my favs.
10 Ways To Use Caramel Dip
- Fruit Dip – Apples, sliced bananas, pears, figs, cherries and even orange slices are all fantastic dipped in warm caramel.
- Pretzel Dip – Pick your favorite size and shape of pretzels and dip on in. From classic pretzels to pretzel rods, it is all good!
- Ice Cream Topping – Warm caramel dip is just amazing when drizzled over ice cream. Vanilla and chocolate ice cream are classics but try it over your favorite ice cream flavor too!
- Apple Pie Topping – Oh yes, take an apple pie over the top with some warm caramel sauce spooned on each slice! This also works for other types of pie…peach, pear, even pumpkin pie!
- Oatmeal – A little bit of caramel sauce takes oatmeal (with or without apples in it) to the next level.
- Yogurt – I love a bowl of Greek style yogurt topped with some fresh fruit, granola and to sweeten it a spoonful of caramel stirred in.
- Coffee – Instead of adding sugar to your cup of morning joe, spoon in some caramel into your hot coffee for a homemade caramel latte (just add milk or cream).
- Hot Chocolate – Make our Crock-Pot Thick & Creamy Hot Chocolate (its amazing!) and top each cup with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
- Cookie Sandwiches – Take two of your favorite cookies (shortbread, chocolate chip, vanilla wafers, etc) and put a little cooled caramel in between. YUM
- S’Mores – Want to make your campfire s’mores even gooier? Add some caramel to the classic chocolate, graham cracker and marshmallow combination.
Got more ideas for using up some caramel? Leave them in the comments below!
- 4 Quart Slow Cooker OR 5 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
More Dessert Recipes To Try:
- Crock-Pot Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Express Pumpkin Cheesecake + Video
- Crock-Pot Better Than Sex Cake + Video
- Slow Cooker Brownie Pudding
- Crock-Pot Hot Fudge Brownies
Crock-Pot Caramel Dip Recipe
- 18 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter
- ⅓ Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients into a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the mixture comes to a simmer (approximately 2 to 3 hours).
- Stir well to make sure everything is combined.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM to keep caramel sauce warm while serving with apple slices or fresh fruit. Can also drizzle over ice cream!
nancy laverick says
thanks for the caramel recipe I didn’t know about adding other things and just made the condensed mike last night and it was awful . I am going to try your recipe as I love love caramel apples. thanks again
Lady Katie says
The condensed milk is a different taste. Some like it and some dont. Hope this works better for you.