These delicious Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches are both quick & easy to make in your slow cooker. Your family will love these beefy sandwiches for dinner!
Slow Cooker Steak Sandwiches
For this delicious recipe I used some nice venison steaks that I had in my freezer. But of course you can use beef steaks as well.
To enhance the flavors in the meat as well as lock in the juices you will need to seer the steaks in a hot pan just until the meat is browned on the outside but still raw in the middle. The steaks will cook more in the slow cooker an absorb flavors from the cooking liquid for a really tasty sandwich!
For the sandwich I like to use a nice crusty roll from the bakery department and top each sandwich with a slice or two of cheese. You can use any type of cheese you want but I like the flavors of provolone while my husband, prefers a spicy pepper jack cheese.
As is the meat in this dish is gluten free and low carb but once you start adding in the roll or cheese you can go a little wayward. However there are options such as gluten free rolls or wraps found in most grocery stores and there are plenty of tasty low fat cheese options out there too now. Or you can eat the steak on its own and leave off the cheese if you want to.
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds Beef Sirloin Steak (or venison, sliced thin)
- 1 medium Onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 10.5 ounces Canned Beef Consommé
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Heat a large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat on the stove top and then add the thinly sliced steak and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder over the steak and cook until the steak is just browned on the outside.
- Add the steak, onions and any juices from the pan to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir briefly to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve meat and onions on rolls (gluten free if you are on a GF diet) with your favorite cheese if desired.
I enjoy your recipes even though I’m far from being a lady.
Do you have a cookbook? Would love to purchase one.
Lady Heidi says
We don’t have a cookbook yet…but we are working on our very first eBook…stay tuned for more!
Oh my gosh, my son is going to LOVE this recipe! Like your husband, he will probably want the pepper jack cheese also. Yummy photo and pinned!
Lady Heidi says
Thanks Susan. How your son and husband love the recipe!