Your family is going to love the rich & creamy flavors in this delicious Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken Thighs recipe. Keto diet & Weight Watchers friendly too!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Thighs
Transport yourself with your taste buds to Tuscany Italy with the amazing flavors in this chicken thigh recipe.
Baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes and Italian seasonings create the base for the boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe.
Then, near the end of cooking some cream and cornstarch (xanthan gum if you are on a Keto diet) are added to create a rich and creamy sauce.
Serve the chicken and sauce with a side of your favorite steamed vegetables and maybe some rice or pasta for a dinner that will really impress your family, friends or dinner guests!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken Thighs Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- Small Mixing Bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t want to use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe but want to use chicken breasts instead you can easily substitute them. Because chicken breasts tend to cook a little faster and can dry out if over cooked I suggest that you reduce the cooking time by 1 hour regardless if you are cooking this recipe on HIGH heat or LOW heat. Then, check the internal temperature of the chicken meat with a meat thermometer and then cooking longer only if the chicken is not the proper temperature (165° F Or 74° C). The cooking time will vary depending on your individual slow cooker.
To lighten this dish up a little bit you can use fat-free half and half, regular half and half or even whole milk. However the sauce won’t be quite as creamy.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken Thighs is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Recipes!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Tuscan Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (About 6 Thighs *See Note)
- ½ Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store-Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (**See Note)
- ⅓ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch (***See Note)
- 2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach (Chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on the stove-top over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs. Brown chicken thighs on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Place pan back on stove-top and reduce the heat to medium. Add the diced onion to the pan. Saute the onions, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth into the hot pan and cook for 1 minute, gently scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off heat and pour contents from the pan into the slow cooker.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and sun dried tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours or on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken registers 165° F (74° C) on an instant read meat thermometer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and cornstarch (or xanthan gum if using for a Ketogenic diet) to create a thickening slurry. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker, add the spinach.
- Recover the slow cooker and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve and enjoy!