Turn fresh autumn pumpkins into your own Crock-Pot Basic Pumpkin Puree with this easy 1 ingredient recipe. Use the puree for pies, baking or even baby food!
Slow Cooker Basic Pumpkin Puree
Whenever fresh pie pumpkins go on sale in the fall I like to pick up a few and make my own pumpkin puree from them so that I can use the puree in all sorts of delicious pumpkin recipes.
You can sneak a little healthy pumpkin puree into all sorts of dishes without the kids even knowing it is in there. When my kids were toddlers I used to stir a few tablespoons into their macaroni and cheese…they had no clue!
And of course because this is a pure 1 ingredient food, this makes a fantastic baby food too.
If you are using this pumpkin puree in recipes like pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread I recommend freezing the puree in 1 cup portions in freezer containers or food storage bags.
For baby food, I like to spoon the puree into ice cube trays and freeze. Pop the frozen cubes out of the trays and store in food storage bags in the freezer. One ice cube = 1 baby food serving!
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar | Paleo | Vegan | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Basic Pumpkin Puree is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Pumpkin Slow Cooker Recipes!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
Celebrate fall with this classic recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake. Moist and full of all that "pumpkin pie spice" flavor in a creamy cheesecake!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Risotto
The perfect fall side dish, this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Risotto takes the guess work out of making a creamy risotto. This truly is a "fix it and forget it" recipe!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Pie Moonshine
Bring on the flavors of autumn with this adult beverage recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Moonshine. Make it several months ahead of time for sipping on!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread
You're going to love the flavors of pumpkin and cheesecake combined in this tasty & moist recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread! Great for dessert!
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 3 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Crock-Pot Weight Watchers Recipes With 5 Ingredients Or Less
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Basic Pumpkin Puree Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger slow cooker
- 1 Medium Fresh Pie Pumpkin
- Rinse the outside of the pumpkin under cool water to remove any dirt or pesticides.1 Medium Fresh Pie Pumpkin
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp from each half of the pumpkin using a large spoon.
- Cut each half of the pumpkin into 4 to 6 wedges, cut away the skin of the pumpkin on each wedge and then cut into chunks.
- Place chunks of pumpkin into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the pumpkin chunks are soft and tender.
- Puree pumpkin using either a hand-held immersion blender, food processor or blender, being careful as the pumpkin and the resulting puree will be hot.
- Freeze in 1 cup portions for use in baked goods such as pies and pumpkin bread or in ice cubes for baby food.
Thanks!!im trying this out right now!