A fall inspired dessert this recipe for Crock-Pot Pumpkin Crunch Custard combines the flavors of pumpkin pie and a crisp or cobbler!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Crunch Custard
If you like pumpkin pie and crisps/cobblers you will love this recipe I created over the weekend for Pumpkin Crunch Custard. I found that this tastes best at room temp and not warm right out of the crock-pot. But my 14-year-old daughter loved it right warm right out of the slow cooker better. You decide!
This recipe makes a perfect fall or winter dessert for any night of the week. But it is also an amazing dessert to serve at your Thanksgiving dinner too as an alternative pumpkin dessert if you are not a fan of pumpkin pie.
A creamy pumpkin custard that is just slightly softer than cooked pumpkin pie is topped with a crumbly oat based crumbled topping. It is very similar to a fruit crisp but with all the lovely pumpkin spice flavors you expect in a typical pumpkin dessert!
More Amazing Thanksgiving Slow Cooker Recipes To Try!
Crock-Pot Pumpkin Crunch Custard Recipe
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot or 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, spices, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well until everything is well combined.30 Ounces Canned Pumpkin Puree –3 Large Eggs –2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice –1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon –14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk –2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pour custard mixture into 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- In another mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts and stir to combine well. Pour melted butter over the top and toss to mix.2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats –1 Cup Brown Sugar –1 Cup All-Purpose Flour –1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon –1 Cup Chopped Pecans –1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- Sprinkle crumb topping over custard in slow cooker covering the top of the custard evenly and completely.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the custard is set.