Butternut squash, spices and just a hint of cream cheese combine in this easy, creamy and smooth recipe for Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Soup! A delicious comforting soup that is perfect for those cold autumn days!
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
I always start salivating when I walk by chopped butternut squash. I LOVE butternut squash soup, but have only ate it in restaurants or at gatherings, I’ve never made the jump to make my own.
Well I noticed a while back that my local grocery store sold 12 ounce bags of fresh, cut up cubes of butternut squash. I could make a soup without having to attack a poor squash trying to get it all peeled and cubed. Score!
More Tasty Crock-Pot Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
- Crock-Pot Cranberry Beef Stew
Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 36 Ounces Butternut Squash ((Peeled And Cubed)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced))
- 1 Medium Granny Smith Apple ((Peeled And Diced))
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Add all ingredients, except the cream cheese to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the cubes of butternut squash are cooked through.
- Cut up the cream cheese into cubes and add to soup. Turn slow cooker OFF and allow to sit for 30 minutes to allow the cream cheese to soften.
- Carefully blend the soup until pureed using either a regular blender (you may need to do it in a couple batches) or a emersion blender.
- Taste soup and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls, garnishing with a sprinkle of fresh pepper, a pinch of paprika or a swirl of cream if desired and enjoy!