Butternut squash, spices and just a hint of cream cheese combine in this easy, creamy and smooth recipe for Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Soup! A delicious comforting soup that is perfect for those cold autumn days!
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
I always start salivating when I walk by chopped butternut squash. I LOVE butternut squash soup, but have only ate it in restaurants or at gatherings, I’ve never made the jump to make my own.
Well I noticed a while back that my local grocery store sold 12 ounce bags of fresh, cut up cubes of butternut squash. I could make a soup without having to attack a poor squash trying to get it all peeled and cubed. Score!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Crock-Pot Recipes To Try!
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Soup, Stew And Chili Recipes
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
- Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Crock-Pot Express Recipes
Crock-Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- 36 Ounces Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 Medium Granny Smith Apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Add all ingredients, except the cream cheese to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.36 Ounces Butternut Squash –1 Medium Yellow Onion –1 Medium Granny Smith Apple –2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth –1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg –1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves –1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon –1/4 Teaspoon Ground Allspice –1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the cubes of butternut squash are cooked through.
- Cut up the cream cheese into cubes and add to soup. Turn slow cooker OFF and allow to sit for 30 minutes to allow the cream cheese to soften.8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- Carefully blend the soup until pureed using either a regular blender (you may need to do it in a couple batches) or a emersion blender.
- Taste soup and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls, garnishing with a sprinkle of fresh pepper, a pinch of paprika or a swirl of cream if desired and enjoy!