This recipe for Crock-Pot Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is an easy way to make spaghetti squash. Cooking a tough squash in the slow cooker is made simple!
Slow Cooker Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
I participate in the Bountiful Basket Program as a way to save money on produce for my family. In one of my baskets recently were two spaghetti squashes which I was so excited to see.
Being that I am trying to do both Weight Watchers and Low Carb spaghetti squash is a great way to enjoy a pasta-like dish and still stay on my WW plan and drop the carbs way down.
I have cooked spaghetti squash in my slow cooker before and so I knew how easy it was. And thus this recipe for Parmesan Spaghetti Squash was born!
Spaghetti squashes are pretty hard to cut in half when they are raw. So the best way to cook them is to cook them whole then cut them in half, scoop out the seeds, and shred the meat of the squash with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands.
To finish up this recipe, I took the squash strands and sauteed them in a skillet with some Parmesan cheese and basil pesto. Then warmed up some jarred marinara sauce (you can also use homemade marinara sauce) and served it on top of the spaghetti squash.
The results were delicious. Even my kids loved this recipe, my son had THREE helpings he loved it so much.
In my book this recipe was a hit. Finding a healthy recipe that I can have and stay with my diet goals yet still make my kids happy is a winner!
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
This recipe for Crock-Pot Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Healthy Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock-Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu + Video
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Crock-Pot Lobster Bisque + Video
- Slow Cooker Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
- Crock-Pot Blueberry Butter
Crock-Pot Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Rinse outside of spaghetti squash and pierce the squash 4 to 6 times with a large kitchen knife.
- Place squash in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH, checking occasionally to make sure the water has not evaporated away. If it has, quickly remove the lid and add a little bit more water.
- Carefully remove squash from slow cooker and place on a cutting board.
- Using a large kitchen knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds with a spoon.
- Shred the flesh of the squash with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands. Discard the rind of the squash.
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, melt the butter and then add the shredded squash, Parmesan cheese, pesto and salt. Cook over medium-low heat.
- Stir continuously to prevent burning and to help evaporate some of the excess moisture.
- While the squash is cooking heat up the marinara sauce in a pan on the stove top until bubbling hot.
- Serve squash with marinara sauce spooned over top, garnishing with additional shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.