This super easy recipe for Crock-Pot Blackberry Cobbler takes only minutes to prepare and you can cook it for a few hours while you are busy doing other things!
Slow Cooker Blackberry Cobbler
I love blackberries, when I lived in California our family would pack up in the car for a drive a couple miles away up to the foothills of the San Bernardino mountains and there we would find wild blackberries growing along a cool stream just free for the picking. It was a fun little day trip that would allow us to escape the heat of summer and a way to get free food.
Hey, free is free!
The only cost of this trip was the price of gas and the scraped up arms from the long thorns on those wild blackberries.
Now I live in Wyoming, and if there are free blackberries for the picking here, I have not been able to find them. So instead I have to rely on what I can get at the grocery store. And while fresh blackberry season is during the summer most grocery stores carry fresh blackberries in the produce section year round.
But the price!$4.50 for a little 6 ounce container. That hurts my pocketbook big time. And when you have a family to feed that is some expensive fruit right there!
So when I spotted a couple of bags of frozen blackberries at the grocery store on manager markdown for only $1.30 per bag I HAD to snatch them up. That was a STEAL. Even when not on sale the $4 a bag for frozen is almost always a better value than fresh berries. At least where I live.
So I got home with my bags of blackberries and immediately knew what I was going to make with them. Crock-Pot Blackberry Cobbler for dessert just sounded SO good!
This is a super duper easy recipe to put together. You can use fresh or frozen berries, sprinkled with a little sugar and cornstarch (for thickening of the juices) and topped with an easy cobbler dough spooned over the berries. Then just just let it cook, go clean your basement (UGH!), get dinner going (we had this Biscuit Pot Pie for dinner) and then dessert it ready.
It was good.
More Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes!
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Dessert Recipes
- Easter Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Summer Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot to 6 quart slow cooker
- In the bottom of a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker pour the berries, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch and toss lightly to coat the berries with the sugar and cornstarch.4 Cups Fresh Blackberries –½ Cup Granulated Sugar –2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a medium mixing mix the cobbler ingredients until a soft dough forms.2 Cups All-Purpose Flour –½ Cup Granulated Sugar –¼ Cup Unsalted Butter –¼ Cup Milk –1 Teaspoon Baking Powder –1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- Dot the top of the fruit in the slow cooker with spoonfuls of cobbler dough, making sure to keep the dough off the side of the crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until the fruit is bubbly and the dough is is cooked through.
- Serve plain, with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!