Yellow cake mix and few other simple ingredients yields you this amazing Crock-Pot Honey Bun Cake. Perfect for dessert or snacking any day of the week!
Slow Cooker Honey Bun Cake
Who here isn’t a fan of a yummy honey bun? Those gooey packaged cinnamon rolls you find at the gas station or maybe packed in your school lunch as a kid.
Well this easy Honey Bun Cake is inspired by those delicious treats.
This recipe starts with a box of yellow cake mix and is doctored up to include a sweet cinnamon layer.
Once baked the cake is drizzled with icing and is ready to serve for dessert or a afternoon snack.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Honey Bun Cake Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Silicone Spatula
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Nut Chopper
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe was tested using a 15.25 ounce box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. However you can use any brand of boxed yellow cake mix that falls within the 12 to 16 ounce size range.
If you are allergic to nuts you can easily omit the pecans in this recipe and your honey bun cake will still come out tasting fantastic.
Feel free to experiment with other flavors of cake mix to make this recipe unique. Some flavors that would pair well with the cinnamon filling include:
– White Cake Mix
– Spice Cake Mix
– Carrot Cake Mix
– French Vanilla Cake Mix
– Butter Pecan Cake Mix
More Crockpot Desserts You Don’t Want To Miss!
Crock-Pot Honey Bun Cake Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, oil, sour cream and eggs with a hand mixer until well mixed and no dry cake mix is present in the bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans (if using) and cinnamon.
- Spray the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker (Or a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add half of the cake mix to the prepared slow cooker, spreading evenly with a silicone spatula.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour the remaining half of the cake batter over the brown sugar mixture, again, spreading evenly.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean flour sack kitchen towel between the lid of the slow cooker and stoneware insert to prevent condensation from dripping on your cake as it bakes.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 /2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Unplug or turn off slow cooker and allow the cake to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract to create the icing.
- Pour icing all over the top of the cake, serve and enjoy!