Are you looking for gluten free Crock-Pot Brownies that you can make in your slow cooker? We’ve adapted a Bob’s Red Mill mix for your crock-pot that you will just love. These delicious fudgy brownies come out great and satisfy that chocolate craving!
Slow Cooker Brownies
We enjoyed this yummy brownie recipe a lot. Although we don’t have gluten issues at our house, we love the Bob’s Red Mill Mixes and this one was not disappointing!
If you are not on a gluten-free diet feel free to use any boxed brownie mix in this recipe.
Some folks may be asking why would you want to bake brownies in a slow cooker when you could just as easily use the oven and it would take less time. And, while that question is 100% true the fact of the matter is not everyone has access to an oven. Also, this is a Crock-Pot recipe website and we like to experiment with what we can cook in our slow cookers. Another reason is because in the hot summer months, being able to bake in your slow cooker means you don’t need to heat up the oven and house to enjoy a fudgy chocolate brownie! ♥
These brownies can be frosted with an amazingly simple chocolate frosting that you can make on the stove-top with just three ingredients. This frosting takes the brownie to another level. But you can omit the frosting is you want to.
I baked these brownies in my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker because I love the rectangular shape that most closely resembles baking brownies in a 13 X 8 inch baking dish. But this recipe can also be cooked in a 6 quart or larger round or oval shaped slow cooker too!
My family DEVOURED these brownies in 2.5 seconds flat. Serve as-is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to take this slow cooker dessert recipe over the top!
More Chocolate Slow Cooker Desserts To Love
Crock-Pot Brownies Recipe
- Spray a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the brownie mix, butter, egg, vanilla and water.12 Ounces Gluten Free Brownie Mix –1 ½ Cups Unsalted Butter –1 Large Egg –2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract –¾ Cup Water
- Mix together with either an electric hand mixer or a large wooden spoon until just combined together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Place clean kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels between the lid of the slow cooker and the base to catch excess moisture.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out moist but clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before frosting.
- In a large heavy saucepan on the stovetop heat together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and chocolate chips over LOW heat until the chips are fully melted.14 Ounces Canned Sweetened Condensed Milk –1 ½ Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract –12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pour frosting over top of brownies and then spread evenly over top with an off-set spatula.
- Cut into serving sizes and enjoy!
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange