We love how easy this 2 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Fudge comes together. This recipe is so simple that even a child could make it. In fact the kids and I like to make several batches of this easy fudge for Christmas gift giving each year!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Fudge
Each year my family and I make about 100 batches of Christmas fudge. But this year I have been sick as a dog and really just did not have the energy to do one big day of cooking and slaving over a hot stove making batch after batch of traditional fudge. So instead of giving our friends, neighbors, teachers, etc fudge this year I opted for a few different homemade treats like candy bark, Chex Mix, etc.
But I personally LOVE fudge and wanted to make at least one batch for us (OK OK me). So I turned to my crock-pot. I wanted this to be easy because it is the season for bronchitis and my energy is just sapped.
This recipe could NOT get any easier folks. There are just two ingredients. Chocolate chips and a can of ready made store bought frosting.
I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and a dark fudge chocolate frosting and the results are a VERY chocolaty fudge. I love chocolate so it suits my tastes just fine. However my 16 year old daughter though it was too much. You could make this with milk chocolate chips too if that is your thing.
I had a bag of peppermint candies already on hand so I crushed them up in a zipper baggie and whacked them with my rolling pin. This was to sprinkle on top and add a little holiday flare. But you can totally omit that and just make plain fudge. Or you can top them with sprinkles or other candies.
Two ingredients, about 1 hour cooking time and you have fudge. How could it get any easier than that?
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Fudge is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Reader’s Favorite Crock-Pot Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- 3 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
Crock-Pot Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Scoop chocolate frosting into the bottom of a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- While chocolate mixture is cooking prepare an 8X8 inch baking pan by lining it with parchment or wax paper, leaving paper on each side overhanging.
- Once chocolate mixture is melted, stir well to make sure everything is well combined and all of the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle top with crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles or topping of your choice (optional) pressing topping lightly with hand to make sure it sticks to the fudge.
- Place pan in refrigerator and let cool 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut cooled fudge with a sharp knife and serve or package for gift giving.