No holiday meal is complete without a delicious stuffing. This recipe for Crock-Pot Stuffing is easy to make and tastes amazing. Perfect for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! And, with just 5 ingredients this recipe comes together super quickly!
Slow Cooker Stuffing
I came up with this recipe for stuffing made easy in my slow cooker a few years ago at Thanksgiving and have made it at every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner meal since.
After testing the recipe a few times, once with cooking the onion first and again adding the onion in raw I found out that it really doesn’t matter. And that means no pre-cooking at all in this recipe.
However, when I make this for the holidays I usually make two batches. One batch with onions and one without the onions for my picky kids (or anyone who hates onions).
I love how easy this recipe is, you can make it hours before the stress of getting everything on the table. You don’t need to stuff the turkey with it (I am always afraid of getting sick). And, the best part about this recipe is that it totally frees up oven space as this dressing cooks away on the countertop while your oven is busy roasting the turkey or ham and baking pies.
The recipe, as is, is a basic recipe and tastes amazing as is. But feel free to toss in your favorite add-ins.
12 Crock-Pot Stuffing Add-In Ideas:
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots or cherries)
- Toasted chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, pine nuts or almonds)
- Leeks (instead of onions)
- Diced carrots
- Cubed winter squash (such as butternut, pumpkin or acorn squash)
- Sliced grapes
- Cooked and crumbled sausage (breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, andouille or chorizo)
- Diced jarred chestnuts
- Cooked and diced giblets from the turkey
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Sliced mushrooms
- Diced apples or pears
This recipe for Crock-Pot Stuffing is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Sides Perfect For The Holidays!
- Crock-Pot Creamy Ranch & Garlic Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Funeral Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts + Video
- Crock-Pot Sugar Carrots with Ginger
Crock-Pot Stuffing Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the stuffing mix, melted butter, onion, celery and 2 ½ cups chicken broth.12 Ounces Stuffing Mix –5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter –1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion –1 Cup Diced Celery –3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Mix until the dry stuffing mix is moistened. If you need more liquid because the stuffing mix is still dry add water a little at a time.
- Pour mixture into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup of chicken broth along the sides of the slow cooker to add moisture and prevent the stuffing from burning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, checking every hour or so to make sure the stuffing is cooking and not drying out. If it appears look too dry add more water or chicken broth.
- Serve and enjoy!