There are three layers of goodness in these delicious Crock-Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Pan Bars! Serve as dessert (topped with ice cream) or as a snack!
Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Pan Bars
Isn’t it amazing the things you can cook in your slow cooker? For example these moist and delicious peanut butter chocolate pan bars. A combination between a chocolate brownie and a peanut butter cookie.
I love being able to bake a yummy dessert or sweet treat in my slow cooker because that means I don’t have to heat up the oven. Allowing me to bake year long, even in the summer without heating up my kitchen.
The base of this sweet treat is a box of yellow cake mix and then you add some fantastic ingredients like peanut butter (of course), chocolate chips, butter, vanilla and eggs and then let it slow cook for a few hours.
As a dessert I like to top each bar with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. But as an afternoon snack we like these bars plain!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Pan Bars Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Medium Heavy Bottomed Saucepan
- Offset Spatula
- Paper Towels Or Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
- Wire Cooling Rack
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a personal preference really. You can use either smooth peanut butter or creamy peanut butter. I used smooth PB because that is what my family prefers. But if you would like bits of peanuts in your pan bars feel free to use crunchy PB.
For testing purposes I used a 15.25 ounce box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. However, you can use any brand of boxed yellow cake mix as long as the size of the box is in the 12 to 16 ounce size range.
While this site is a Crock-Pot recipe website and we do not generally provide oven baking instructions for our recipes, this recipe can be baked in the oven if you don’t have a slow cooker. To bake in the oven cook them in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan and bake at 350° F (176° C) for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted in the center comes out mostly clean (the chocolate will stick to the toothpick) and the edges are browned.
More Great Crockpot Desserts To Try!
Crock-Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Pan Bars Recipe
- Line the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker with parchment paper, leaving 2 to 3 inches of paper hanging out on the ends, and set aside.
- Mix together the dry cake mix, 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) melted butter, peanut butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spread half of the batter to the bottom of the prepared slow cooker in an even layer.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pan on the stove top set over medium heat add the sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoons of butter and chocolate chips and cook just until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove pan from heat, and add in vanilla extract.
- Pour the entire contents of the pan over the batter in the slow cooker and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Add the remaining peanut butter batter to the top of the chocolate mixture by dropping small pieces all over the top.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the lid and the slow cooker (to prevent condensation from dripping on the bars while they cook). Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Carefully lift out of the slow cooker, using the parchment paper ends, and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.