Five ingredients is all you need to make this Crock-Pot Rocky Road Candy. A fun treat to make with the kids for the holidays or any day you crave chocolate!
Slow Cooker Rocky Road Candy
Are you looking for a fun recipe that would be perfect to make as a holiday gift or just a fun snack that you can make with the kids?
This rocky road candy is just the recipe you need!
With only 5 ingredients and a slow cooker you can have a delicious candy in no time flat.
I love making this candy with my kids because there is no double boiler needed to melt the chocolate and the kids can easily measure out all the ingredients, stir the mixture, spoon the chocolate on the parchment paper and sprinkle on the chopped peanuts and marshmallows on top.
The kids love eating these candies just as much as they do making them but I try to keep them from eating them all so we can package them up cute to give to their teachers at school for Christmas gifts!
Of course, it doesn’t need to be the holidays to make this fun and easy slow cooker candy recipe either. You can make these any time you are craving something sweet and chocolaty!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Rocky Road Candy Recipe:
- 3 Quart, 3.5 Quart, 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart, 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Check Out These Slow Cooker Recipes Too!
Crock-Pot Rocky Road Candy Recipe
Rocky Road Candy
- In a 3 quart or larger slow cooker, add the dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add the salted peanuts on top, then add the 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Stir the chocolate and peanut mixture until combined and all of the chocolate is melted.
- Turn the slow cooker OFF and let the mixture cool in the slow cooker for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the mixture has cooled off a little bit add the mini marshmallows and stir just until they are coated with chocolate.
- Immediately place spoonful’s of the rocky road candy mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and a few more marshmallows.
- Place baking sheet into the refrigerator and allow the candy to chill for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!