Turkey breast meat and mushrooms combine together in this frugal and comforting recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Mushroom Stew! Perfect for dinner or lunch!
Slow Cooker Turkey Mushroom Stew
When turkey breasts go on sale at the grocery stores (usually around Thanksgiving and then again around Christmas) I like to snatch up a couple of them at a great price and toss them in the freezer to use in recipes like this tasty stew all year around.
Stews just really hit the spot on cold and chilly autumn and winter days and this recipe is really designed for the mushroom lovers.
I like to ladle this comforting and frugal stew into bowls and serve with slices of crusty French bread and have a nice fresh side salad. Making this a whole meal for dinner or lunch.
You can also serve the stew over egg noodles or rice that you have cooked on the stove-top (a great way to stretch a meal and serve more food to more people).
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can easily substitute 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts for the 1 pound of turkey breast called for in this recipe.
If you are on a gluten-free diet you may use an all-purpose gluten free flour in this recipe. We like using Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Multipurpose Flour.
If you are not a fan of frozen peas you can use other frozen vegetables such as frozen diced carrots, corn, green beans, etc.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Turkey Mushroom Stew is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Slow Cooker Stew Recipes To Try:
Crock-Pot Turkey Mushroom Stew Recipe
- Add cut up turkey, onions and mushrooms to a 3 to 5 quart slow cooker.1 Pound Turkey Breast –1 Medium Yellow Onion –8 Ounces Fresh Mushrooms
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until the turkey is fully cooked through.
- In a small bowl or cup whisk together the flour and milk with a fork until combined and there are no lumps. Add flour and milk mixture to the slow cooker and stir well.¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour –1 Cup Milk
- Add tarragon, salt, pepper and peas to slow cooker.1 Teaspoon Dried Tarragon –½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt –½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –½ Cup Frozen Peas
- Recover slow cooker and continue to cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- Stir in sour cream and continue to cook for 30 minutes more on LOW heat.½ Cup Sour Cream
- Serve and enjoy!