Serve this delicious Crock-Pot Mulled Red Wine With Brandy when you’re having a party or a quiet night in. Perfect for those cold winter days or holidays!
Slow Cooker Mulled Red Wine With Brandy
Looking for a warm winter adult beverage? Try this sweet mulled wine with brandy that you can simmer away in your slow cooker.
Mulled wine is a wonderful hot drink to sip away on when the weather outside is cold and blustery outside. Living in Wyoming we have a lot of those days here!
For holiday parties I like to set up a crockpot of this warm mulled wine with brandy for the adults as well as a crockpot full of mulled apple cider or spiced pear cider for the kids or those adults who do not partake in alcoholic beverages.
This recipe can be made into a Swedish Glögg type recipe by adding a handful or two of raisins and slivered almonds and letting them simmer in the mulled wine. These are super tasty to eat while you are sipping away on your cozy warm drink.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Mulled Red Wine With Brandy is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More CrockPot Beverage Recipes To Try!
Crock-Pot Mulled Red Wine With Brandy Recipe
- 1.5 Liters Red Wine (I used a sweet red wine but you can use what you like!)
- ½ Cup Brandy
- 3 Cups Berry and/or Citrus Herbal Tea (prepared)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (optional)
- 4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 4 Whole Star Anise Pods
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Medium Orange (sliced)
- 1 Medium Lemon (sliced)
- Place all ingredients in a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Reserving a few of the fruit slices for garnish. If you have a cheesecloth sack or tea ball, put the cloves and star anise in that first.1.5 Liters Red Wine –½ Cup Brandy –3 Cups Berry and/or Citrus Herbal Tea –1 Cup Granulated Sugar –4 Whole Cinnamon Sticks –5 Whole Cloves –4 Whole Star Anise Pods –½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg –1 Medium Orange –1 Medium Lemon
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until hot.
- Remove fruit slices and cloves.
- Serve hot with orange and/or lemon slices, cinnamon sticks and additional star anise pods if desired for garnish.