Pear juice, cinnamon, cloves and orange zest bring a whole new flavor profile to this classic recipe for Crock-Pot Spiced Pear Cider! Perfect for sipping on a cold and blustery day!
Slow Cooker Spiced Pear Cider
Normally I am a hot mulled apple cider kind of gal. I make a slow cooker full at least once a month during the fall and winter months.
But when I spotted bottles of pear cider at my local grocery store I thought it might be fun to switch things up and try a new recipe for spiced pear cider.
And let me tell you that the flavor is really GOOD! The pear juice has a totally different flavor profile from apple cider. More delicate if you will. So with that in mind I decided to tone down the spices used too. Just a little cinnamon, cloves and orange zest is all the pear cider needs to give a warm spice to the juice without overpowering it lovely pear flavor.
There really is nothing better than coming home from a day out running errands than the scent of a warm spiced drink simmering away in the slow cooker. I have yet to find a candle, wax melt or air freshener that make my home smell as good.
And of course this recipe would be great for serving at a party (holiday or otherwise). For an adult cocktail party you could of course spike this pear cider with a little rum, brandy or a nice fruity white wine.
Serve in mugs with a cinnamon stick for garnish!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Spiced Pear Cider is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Spiced Pear Cider Recipe
- Pour pear juice to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest from the navel orange into thin long strips and add to pear juice. Cut the navel orange in half and squeeze the juice out of the orange with your hand into the slow cooker. Discard the orange.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and whole cloves to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Ladle hot cider into mugs and garnish with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.