Tarragon and garlic combine with rice in this creamy and comforting recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup to give you a fresh and flavorful soup. A great cold weather meal or lunch with a sandwich.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This lovely creamy wild rice soup features tender pieces of chicken, wild rice and all the perfect flavors of tarragon, garlic, onions, mushrooms and more.
Pair with some nice crusty bread or rolls and perhaps a fresh salad for the perfect meal any day of the week!
More Rice Recipes You Might Like!
- Crock-Pot White Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup
- Crock-Pot Sausage and Rice
- Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding
Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 6 Ounces Long Grain And Wild Rice Mix ((I Used A Box Of Uncle Ben's))
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ((Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces) )
- ½ Pound Mushrooms ((Sliced))
- 2 Medium Carrots ((Peeled And Diced))
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced))
- 2 Cloves Garlic ((Minced))
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 29 Ounces Chicken Broth ((Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth))
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 12 Ounces Evaporated Milk
- Cook the box of the wild rice blend according to the package directions on the stove-top or the microwave. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on the stove-top add the oil, onions, mushrooms, chicken, carrots and garlic and cook until the onions and garlic are fragrant and the chicken is cooked on the outside but still a little raw inside.
- Place chicken mixture as well as the wild rice into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, tarragon and thyme and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Open lid and stir in the can of evaporated milk.
- Recover the slow cooker and cook for an additional 2 hours on LOW.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and enjoy!