Tarragon and garlic combine with rice in this creamy and comforting recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup to give you a fresh and flavorful soup. A great cold weather meal or lunch with a sandwich.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This lovely creamy wild rice soup features tender pieces of chicken, wild rice and all the perfect flavors of tarragon, garlic, onions, mushrooms and more.
Pair with some nice crusty bread or rolls and perhaps a fresh salad for the perfect meal any day of the week!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, feel free to use 1 pound of cut up boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the chicken breast meat called for in the recipe. Just keep in mind that chicken thighs are dark meat and as such will have more calories and fat than white meat chicken breasts.
I have found that the best way to cook the wild rice blend is either in an electric pressure cooker (on the rice setting) or in a rice cooker. However if you do not have either one of those appliances you can cook the wild rice according to the package directions either on the stove-top or even in the microwave.
If you or your family do not like mushrooms feel free to omit them entirely from the recipe.
Gluten Free | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Rice Recipes You Might Like!
Crock-Pot White Rice
Learn how to make white rice in your slow cooker with this super easy recipe for Slow Cooker White Rice. The perfect side dish for so many meals!
Crock-Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
This recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup is a warm meal that will hit the spot for those cold fall or winter days!
Crock-Pot Sausage and Rice
With just 3 ingredients, this frugal kid friendly recipe for Slow Cooker Sausage and Rice is sure to be a hit for dinner with the entire family!
Crock-Pot Express Rice Pudding
Your family is going to love this rich and creamy Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding! A classic comfort food dessert made easy in the pressure cooker!
Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- 6 Ounces Long Grain And Wild Rice Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- ½ Pound Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Medium Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (peeled and minced)
- 29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (store bought or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- ¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 12 Ounces Evaporated Milk
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Cook the box of the wild rice blend according to the package directions on the stove-top or the microwave. Set aside.6 Ounces Long Grain And Wild Rice Mix
- In a large skillet on the stove-top heat the oil and then add the chicken, mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until the onions and garlic are fragrant and the chicken is cooked on the outside but still a little raw inside.1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts –½ Pound Mushrooms –2 Medium Carrots –1 Medium Yellow Onion –2 Cloves Garlic –1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place chicken mixture as well as the wild rice into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, tarragon and thyme and stir to combine.29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth –½ Teaspoon Dried Tarragon –¼ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Open lid and stir in the can of evaporated milk.12 Ounces Evaporated Milk
- Recover the slow cooker and cook for an additional 2 hours on LOW.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper to your liking.Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and enjoy!
Leave a Reply