Perfect for a cold and blustery fall or winter day, this recipe for Crock-Pot Cranberry Beef Stew is hearty and comforting! This beef strew is worth the effort!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Beef Stew
If you have a spare can of whole berry cranberry sauce floating around in your pantry after Thanksgiving this hearty and comforting beef stew is the perfect use!
Even if you don’t already have a can of cranberry sauce already on hand, don’t worry, they are on sale everywhere between Halloween and New Years.
In this yummy beef stew recipe, tender chunks of beef chuck roast and slow cooked until tender along with the aforementioned cranberry sauce, mushrooms and pearl onions. Then we thicken the stew with a little flour/water slurry.
And right before serving, cooked egg noodles are tossed in to make this a really great stick-to your rib beef stew!
A Tip For The Hunters
Want to use venison roast instead of beef chuck roast? Go ahead. The combination of cranberries and venison go perfectly together!
Click here for more Venison Recipes!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Cranberry Beef Stew Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Large Skillet
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Pasta Pot With Strainer
More Tasty Stews To Try!
Crock-Pot Beef Stew
Warm up to a bowl of hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Tender beef is simmered away in the slow cooker with carrots, onions, celery in a full of flavor stew.
Crock-Pot Meatball Beef Stew + Video
This easy recipe for Slow Cooker Meatball Beef Stew is a kid friendly twist on a classic beef stew but uses frozen meatballs instead of stew meat.
Crock-Pot Beef Barley Stew
Prepare this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Barley Beef Stew as a freezer meal or just make it and enjoy. Full of hearty beef, veggies and barley you'll love it!
Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew
Pork cubes are simmered with chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and cumin in this fantastic recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Stew!
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Crock-Pot Express Recipes
Crock-Pot Cranberry Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Pounds Boneless Beef Chuck Roast (Cut Into 1 To 2 Inch Chunks)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 8 Ounces Sliced White Mushrooms
- 10 Ounces Whole Pearl Onions (Outer Layer Peeled Off And Ends Cut Off)
- 32 Ounces Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 14 Ounces Canned Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce ((1 Can))
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 16 Ounces Egg Noodles
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top over medium-high heat until hot.
- While the pan is heating season the chuck roast chunks with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the hot pan and immediately add the chucks of roast and spread the chunks evenly in the pan.
- Brown the chunks of roast until golden and browned on all sides. Add the meat to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the diced onion, mushrooms, pearl onions, beef broth and bay leaves to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the canned cranberry sauce, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl stir together the water and flour with a fork until there are no lumps of dry flour. Stir in this thickening slurry into the store. Recover slow cooker and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH to thicken the stew.
- While the stew is thickening, cook the egg noodles on the stove-top in a large pot of water according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Right before cooking stir in the cooked egg noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cat Patton says
Love the recipe… & the bowl in the photo matches the bowls i insisted on buying.
We lost our home to fire & decided these bowls would give a reason to feel happy just to have something colorful in our lives.
Splurged and bought a pot & kitchen towels to make this tin can camper we found feel better … pray for those less fortunate, and be safe…be well. Happy Thanksgiving
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Happy Thanksgiving Cat!
Crock pot cranberry beef stew—-Can you use frozen pearl onions in this recipe and if so do you cook for same amount of time ?
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
Yes that should work just fine. It shouldn’t affect cook time at all. Enjoy!
Not bad. Next time I would add extra cranberries. Less pearl onions.
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
So glad you enjoyed this recipe, Em! Love that you can customize crockpot recipes to your liking!