Pork cubes are simmered with chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and cumin in this fantastic recipe for Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew! Top each bowl with lime and fresh cilantro for a POP of flavor!
Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Stew
Thanks to reader Christina M. for this awesome recipe for a Mexican pork stew that is made in the slow cooker!
In this recipe a pork roast is cut into cubes and simmered away in the slow cooker in chicken broth with green chilies, sweet potatoes, onions and tomatoes and a bit of cumin to bring that amazing Mexican flavor.
Right before serving, freshly squeezed lime juice is stirred into the stew and then each bowl is topped with some fresh chopped cilantro for a POP of flavor that really brightens the flavor in this delicious Mexican stew!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock-Pot Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (Mexican Shredded Pork)
- Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans
Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 Pounds Lean Pork Roast (Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes)
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade)
- 15 Ounces Canned Diced Green Chilies (Undrained)
- 10 Ounces Canned Tomatoes With Green Chilies (Such As RoTel Brand)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ⅛ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (Peeled And Cut Into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Add pork cubes, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, onion, cumin, salt and pepper to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and add cubed sweet potato.
- Recover slow cooker and continue cooking on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until pork and sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Stir freshly squeezed lime juice into stew and ladle into bowls.
- Top each bowl with fresh chopped cilantro before serving.