This simple and frugal recipe for Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans is the perfect side dish for any Mexican meal. Or serve over cooked rice for a great entree!
Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans
If you need a delicious side dish to go with any Mexican or Southwest inspired dish look no further than this recipe for Mexican red beans cooked in your slow cooker.
The recipe starts with dried red beans that have been soaked overnight and then the beans are slow cooked for hours in water with onion, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, salt and the kicker…BACON.
The bacon adds such a nice smoky flavor to the beans and really makes this dish fantastic.
I usually make these beans, as I mentioned, as a side dish for when we have Mexican food like enchiladas, burritos, tacos, etc. But I will admit that I also really love the beans as a main dish too and just served over some cooked white or brown rice. Beans and rice are a classic meal and frugal too!
- Bacon – Chopped.
- Dried Red Kidney Beans – Soaked overnight and then drained.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes – With the juices from the can.
- Garlic – Peeled and minced.
- Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Put soaked and drained beans into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours then turn down to LOW and continue to cook for another 8 hours.
- Stir and serve alone or over rice or add to your favorite chili in place of canned beans.
- Large Skillet
- Paper Towels
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More Fantastic Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Mexican Beef & Veggie Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Stew
- Crock-Pot Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Queso Sausage Dip
- Crock-Pot Chicken Ole Casserole
|Beans Crock-Pot Recipes||Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Bacon Slow Cooker Recipes||Side Dish Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Cinco de Mayo Crock-Pot Recipes||6 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|