Serve up this satisfying & easy to make recipe for Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder on a cold evening & your family will love you forever! One of our most popular soup recipes everyone loves the flavors in this creamy soup!
Slow Cooker Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
This is a super simple soup to toss together. Perfect for starting in the morning, cooking for the day and then finishing it off right before serving with a little cheese and cream.
Perfect for cold day as it will warm you right up. My husband loves these thick and hearty soups and said “yep, this is a keeper”.
I think he is a keeper for being willing to try some of my crazy recipes. This one was totally made up based on ingredients I had on hand. Potatoes are a given, we always have those on hand, and when Kielbasa goes on sale for $1.50-$2.00 a package I buy a few and toss them in the freezer for quick meals. Everything else was just stuff I had.
I hope you enjoy!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder Recipe:
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Vegetable Peeler
- Measuring Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Liquid Measuring Cup
This recipe for Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More fantastic soup recipes you need to try:
- Most Popular Crock-Pot Soup Recipes For Winter Or Fall
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Weight Watchers Crock-Pot Recipes
- Gluten Free Crock-Pot Recipes
- Low Sugar Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 32 Ounces Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes (Peeled And Diced)
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 16 Ounces Kielbasa Sausage (Sliced Into 1/4 Inch Slices)
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add all of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the lid and fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and heavy cream to the soup and stir to combine and melt the cheese.
- Serve with a nice fresh salad and some crunchy bread to sop up the soup juices and enjoy!