Make up this delicious & hearty recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake for your next family breakfast or brunch. Full of fresh veggies, sausage & eggs!
Slow Cooker Fresh Breakfast Bake
Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake was a recipe I came up with to have a new dish to serve eggs and potatoes to my family. My family really enjoys when I cook with fresh potatoes and with our flock of chickens we always have an abundance of eggs!
This recipe is fairly easy to put together and is also flexible which is what I love about Crock-Pots. You can use any potato, the cheeses you could be changed to a Colby Jack, Parmesan, or even Swiss and you can add peppers, tomatoes, or even beans.
These are the types of recipes that you figure out what is in your fridge and use it all up. I love when I’m able to reuse a food and thus not waste it. I used a moderate spicy sausage as that is what I had on hand. Feel free to use a mild or spicy sausage, and of course add peppers if you desire.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
This recipe for Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Breakfast Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Overnight Raisin Apple Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Crustless Spinach & Feta Quiche
- Crock-Pot Overnight Apple Oatmeal
Crock-Pot Fresh Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 12 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Canned Evaporated Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Pounds Potatoes (Washed And Thinly Sliced (I Used Russet Potatoes))
- 1 ½ Pounds Breakfast Sausage (Cooked, Crumbled And Drained)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- ½ Cup Sliced Green Onions
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper and one cup of the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Set aside the remaining cheese for later.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice thinly.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Spread half of the browned ground sausage on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the yellow onion and then 1/2 of the remaining cheddar and mozzarella Cheese.
- Repeat the layers with a the remaining potatoes, sausage, onion and cheeses.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over your entire potato and sausage mixture. You’ll want to get all of it covered.
- Sprinkle the green onions on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours or until the eggs are set. A meat thermometer registering at 160° F means it’s done.
- Sprinkle the top of the cooked casserole with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and paprika before serving if desired and enjoy!