This recipe for Crock-Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a creamy soup that tastes like a baked potato with everything on it! A great dinner or lunch!
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
There is nothing better on a cold mid-western day with the wind and snow blowing than a big heaping bowl of soup. This rich and creamy tater soup is filled with bacon, cheese, sour cream and more…this amazing soup really hits the spot on a cold blustery day.
Baked potato soup has all the flavors of a fully loaded with every popular baked potato topping in a magical soup.
So grab a bowl and ladle up some warm comfort food for dinner or lunch!
Top each bowl of soup with additional cooked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives for the full experience!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Slotted Spoon
- Paper Towels
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More “Loaded” Recipes To Try…
- Soup, Stews & Chili Recipes
- Potato Recipes
- Bacon Recipes
- Cheese Recipes
- Winter Recipes
- Kid Friendly Recipes
Crock-Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 Slices Thick Sliced Bacon ((Chopped))
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced))
- 32 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth ((Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth))
- 4 - 5 Medium Russet Potatoes ((Peeled And Diced))
- 2 Ribs Celery ((Diced))
- 1 Medium Carrot ((Peeled And Diced))
- 2 Cloves Garlic ((Peeled And Minced))
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Chives ((Optional - For Garnish))
- In a large skillet on the stove-top set on medium heat add the diced bacon and slowly cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the cooked bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Pour off the bacon fat from the skillet except for about 2 tablespoons and add the chopped onion. Cooked the onion over medium-high heat until the onion becomes translucent and starts to just turn brown.
- Add half of the bacon, onions, chicken stock, potatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and pepper to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- During the last half hour of cooking whisk together the sour cream, half and half and flour until there are no lumps of flour.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Add the cream mixture and shredded cheddar cheese to the soup and stir to combine.
- Recover and continue cooking on LOW for the remaining 30 minutes until the soup is thickened.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of the reserved bacon.