Nothing says “comfort food” like a big hearty bowl of creamy Crock-Pot Express Loaded Baked Potato Soup! Learn how to make this tasty soup in minutes in your pressure cooker!
Pressure Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
When the weather gets chilly there is nothing I crave more than a big bowl of hot soup.
This stick to your ribs loaded baked potato soup really hits the spot!
Cooked in your Crock-Pot Express in just a matter of minutes this recipes is worth the effort to brown up the bacon and chop a few veggies.
Lets whip up this soup for dinner or lunch today!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Spoons
- Can Opener
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cheese Grater
- Large Skillet
- Paper Towels
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t want to use a can of cream of potato soup in this recipe you can make and use your own homemade cream of anything soup mix.
CREAM OF ANYTHING SOUP MIX:
– 1 Cup Non-Fat Powdered Milk
– 3/4 Cup Cornstarch
– 1/4 Cup Chicken Bouillon Granules
– 4 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
– 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
To replace 1 can of cream of ______ soup use 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook in a pan on the stove-top over medium heat until thick.
If you would rather not dirty up a pan or your stove to cook the bacon you could easily cook the bacon in your Crock-Pot Express instead. Simply chop your raw bacon into bite sized pieces. And use the SAUTE/BROWN feature to cook the bacon right in the non-stick insert. Once your bacon is cooked and crispy, remove the cooked bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Pour off and discard (or save) the bacon grease from the insert and proceed to cook the soup following the directions.
If you prefer for your loaded baked potato soup to be thicker and more in the chowder consistency you can thicken the soup by whisking together 2 to 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour or cornstarch together with 1/4 cup milk and adding it to the soup when you add in the cream cheese, shredded cheese and bacon. Once the cheeses have melted, close the lid and let the soup thicken with the added flour or cornstarch.
More Tasty Crock-Pot Express Soup Recipes!
Crock-Pot Express Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 5 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Peeled And Minced)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10 Ounces Canned Cream Of Potato Soup ((1 Can))
- 12 Ounces Canned Evaporated Milk ((1 Can))
- 1 Cup Half & Half (Or Heavy Whipping Cream)
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (Or Cheddar Cheese (Reserve Some For Topping))
- 1 Pound Center Cut Bacon
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, cream of potato soup, evaporated milk and half & half to the insert of a 6 quart or larger Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on multicooker and lock into place, turn vent to SEALING.
- Set pressure cooker on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE, for 10 minutes. Press START.
- While your soup is cooking, cook bacon in a frying pan on the stove top until crispy, drain on paper towels and chop. Set aside.
- When the time is up on the pressure cooker, carefully move the vent to VENTING, making sure to stay clear of the hot steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Stir in the softened cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped bacon (reserving some of the cooked and chopped bacon as a topping if desired). Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top individual servings with additional shredded cheese and chopped bacon if desired and enjoy!