This easy Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup takes only 10 minutes to cook. Not only is it delicious but it is super quick to whip up for dinner or lunch!
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
My family really loves a good broccoli cheese soup for dinner or lunch. The rich, creamy and cheesy soup with chunks of broccoli is just so comforting!
I usually serve this soup with some rolls so we can dip our bread into the cheesy soup. OR the weird thing some of us also do…we rip our bread or rolls into chunks and mix those chunks into our bowl of soup and eat it that way. Is that a “my family is weird” thing to do or do other people do that too?
Now we have made several versions of cheesy broccoli soup in our regular slow cookers (here, here and here) this Crock-Pot Express version is just super quick to make. It literally takes just 10 minutes cooking time in the pressure cooker to make this yummy soup. Of course there is about 15 to 20 minutes to allow the electric pressure cooker to come to pressure. But still, that is way faster than the hours and hours needed to cook in the slow cooker. Making this recipe perfect for busy days!
For this recipe I used frozen broccoli because I almost always have a big bag of it in my freezer. But fresh broccoli will work too!
So make this recipe today and enjoy a big comforting bowl of cheesy broccoli soup!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cheese Grater
- Wooden Spoon
- Microwave Safe Bowl
More Crock-Pot Express Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Express Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Broccoli Recipes
- Cheesy Recipes
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
- Easy Crock-Pot Express Recipes
- Winter Recipes
- Fall Recipes
Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced))
- 3 Cloves Garlic ((Peeled And Minced))
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter ((Divided))
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth ((Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth))
- 12 Ounces Frozen Broccoli Florets
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Set the Crock-Pot Express to SAUTE, press START.
- Add diced onions, garlic and 1 tablespoon butter into the insert and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Press STOP.
- Add the chicken broth, frozen broccoli and salt and pepper to the insert.
- Set the pressure cooker to MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 4 minutes. Press START.
- While the soup is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Set aside.
- When the Crock-Pot Express is done cooking, carefully turn the pressure valve to vent to do a quick release.
- Remove the lid, set it aside, and turn the SAUTE function back on.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of the soup and add it to the bowl with the melted butter. Add the all-purpose flour and stir until there are no lumps of flour.
- Stir and add the flour mixture back into the pressure cooker. Allow the soup to simmer and thicken (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!