All the yummy flavors of lasagna in soup form. Crock-Pot Express Easy Lasagna Soup features a rich tomato based broth with Italian sausage, broken lasagna noodles and three kinds of cheese!
Pressure Cooker Easy Lasagna Soup
The main difference is time. If you are short on time and need dinner reader in less than 30 minutes, the Crock-Pot Express is your go-to appliance. I just love the Crock-Pot Express because it is one appliance that can do so many thing. From pressure cooking like this recipe or slow cooking if you have time to spare. Heck you can steam and sauté too!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express
- Cutting Board
- Garlic Peeler
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Can Opener
- Dry Measuring Cups And Measuring Spoons
- Cheese Grater
Check Out These Crock-Pot Express Soup Recipes Too!
Crock-Pot Express Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled And Diced)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (Peeled And Minced)
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 24 Ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce (Or Homemade Marinara Sauce)
- 15 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (Undrained)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sweet Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ - ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 10 Whole Lasagna Noodles (Broken Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 15 Ounces Ricotta Cheese (Plus Additional For Topping If Desired)
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Set the Crock-Pot Express to SAUTE, press start and let the insert get hot for a few minutes.
- Once the insert it hot, add olive oil and then the ground Italian sausage. Cook and crumble the sausage until no longer pink and the meat is browned.
- Add in the diced onion and garlic and cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until the onion and garlic are fragrant.
- Press START/STOP to stop the sauté function on the pressure cooker.
- Add the vegetable broth, making sure to deglaze the bottom of the insert scraping off any browned or stuck on bits from the sausage, onions and garlic.
- Add the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and all the herbs and seasonings. Stir until combined.
- Lastly, add in the broken lasagna noodle pieces, pushing them down into the liquid until they are just submerged (do not stir!).
- Close and lock the lid on the pressure cooker, making sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 6 minutes. Press START.
- Allow the pressure cooker to come to pressure and cook the soup for the allotted time set. Once done, carefully turn the valve to venting to allow for a quick release of pressure.
- When all the pressure has been released, carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar until all the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls, topping with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and enjoy!