This recipe for Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce is chock-full of healthy veggies simmered all day in the slow cooker to perfection!
Slow Cooker Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce
I have made this spaghetti sauce for years now and really it could not be simpler or healthier for you. No added oil, no added sugar, high-fructose corn syrup or anything bad for you. When you make your own spaghetti sauce you know exactly what is in it and in this one I load it up with healthy veggies. This recipe makes 4 quarts of spaghetti sauce which I use some right away the day I make it and then freeze the rest in quart sized Ziploc brand Twist ‘n Loc containers. And then I have sauce for whatever meal I want right in my freezer.
You can of course cut this recipe in half if you do not want to make so much. But I think it is a frugal and time-saving idea to make a big batch for later.
Also our family likes this sauce chunky. However, when my kids were littler they would balk at the big chunks of veggies so I would just run this in my blender to smooth it out some. Now that the kids are older they don’t mind the veggies. So feel free to blend it up to suit your texture needs. Either way it is still healthy and delicious! This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, low sugar, low sodium, gluten-free and full of flavor!
Freezer Meal: Toss all your ingredients into 2 gallon sized zippered freezer bags, lay flat and freeze. When you are ready to cook, thaw bag slightly (leave out at room temp for 1 hour or microwave for 5 minutes) just enough to remove contents from the bag easily and put into your slow cooker. Adjust the cooking time by 1 – 2 hours to allow for thawing and the slightly more moisture that will be released from the frozen vegetables.
Equipment Needed For Slow Cooker Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Spoons
- Blender or Immersion Blender (Optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
This pasta sauce is a great way to use up vegetables that you have in the refrigerator or extra produce from your summer garden. You can use any color bell pepper, yellow summer squash, fresh garlic, eggplant, any color carrots and even parsnips.
You can make this sauce less chunky by simply blending it in a blender or using an immersion blender right in your slow cooker. You can leave some of the vegetable chunks in it or blend it until it is as smooth as you and your family prefer.
Absolutly! While this recipe as written is vegan and contains no meat or animal products. If you are not a vegan or vegetarian you can brown up any sort of ground meat (beef, pork, Italian sausage, venison, elk, bison, etc and add the cooked and crumbled meat about 2 hours from the end of the cooking time.
More Italian Slow Cooker Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Sauce Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Peeled and diced)
- 7 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Finely Diced)
- 2 Medium Green Bell Peppers (Seeds removed and diced)
- 3 Small Zucchini (Unpeeled and diced)
- 2 Cups Mushrooms (Roughly chopped)
- 87 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf (Crumbled)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Peeled and minced)
- Prep your vegetables and throw everything into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until all the vegetables are tender.
- For a smoother sauce puree in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender until you have reached the desired consistancy,