Warm up to a big bowl of this vegetarian recipe for Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Minestrone Soup. It is hearty, delicious soup that your family will love!
Slow Cooker Veggie Loaded Minestrone Soup
This was a fun soup to put together. It is an easy recipe to be able to add or delete to your families taste. That is my kind of recipe!
My little’s are quite excited if I add kidney and black beans to just about anything, where as if I add onions they like to complain (which is why I shred them, because then they can’t tell). So choose what your family will enjoy.
You could choose other various beans, potatoes, green beans, corn, spinach, even chunks of cheese.
Just be sure to stick with the instructions for the noodles, as you’ll want a firm noodle and it’s just safer to cook them outside of the crock. I did this vegetarian style, outside of the cheese on top, but feel free to change it to how your family tastes are.
If you would like to make this recipe vegan or gluten-free the only real ingredient you need to worry about is the pasta…but luckily you can buy both vegan pastas and gluten free pastas at most grocery stores or online!
If you and your family don’t eat cheese, omit it. Want to add meat…go for it…shredded chicken, ground beef, stew meat…they all will be lovely in this recipe!
|Crock-Pot Soup Recipes||Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Recipes|
|Italian Slow Cooker Recipes||Easy Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Healthy Crock-Pot Recipes||Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes|
Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 2 - 4 Cups Vegetable Broth ((Start With 2 Cups, Use More If Needed))
- 2 Cups Fresh Cabbage ((Cut Into 1/2 Inch Slices))
- 28 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes ((With The Juices))
- 15 Ounces Canned Kidney Beans ((Rinsed And Drained))
- 15 Ounces Canned Black Beans ((Rinsed And Drained))
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes ((With The Juices))
- 2 Medium Carrots ((Peeled And Diced))
- 2 Stalks Celery ((Finely Diced))
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced))
- 1 Medium Zucchini ((Unpeeled And Diced))
- 3 Cloves Garlic ((Peeled And Minced))
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 12 Ounces Small Pasta ((Cooked On The Stove And Drained))
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper ((To Taste))
- To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add all of the ingredients except the pasta and salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Taste soup at end of cooking time and season with salt and pepper to your own taste if desired.
- On the stove-top cook the pasta in boiling water for approximately 7 minutes or until the pasta is just al dente. Drain pasta.
- Stir cooked pasta into hot soup in the slow cooker and ladle soup into bowls.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crock-Pot Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Write on the freezer bag the name of the recipe and the basic instructions
- Pour all in the Ziploc freezer bag (I would suggest not the slider version and to use a name brand) except the noodles, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and the veggie broth.
- Write on your veggie broth that it is for this recipe so you save it for when you need it/with Sharpie marker and place back in your pantry.
- Do the same for your Rotini noodles
- Carefully lay flat and squeeze out as much air as possible and zip
- Freeze flat in the freezer.
- Thaw before using.