Warm up to a bowl of this easy to make 5-ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Italian Meatball Soup. Top each bowl with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to take it over the top!
Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
Sometimes you just need an easy recipe to make for dinner. This recipe for Italian meatball soup really could not be any easier to make!
Simply toss in a bag of frozen Italian style meatballs, a can of Italian style diced tomatoes, a can of cannellini beans (drained and rinsed first), some beef broth and water into your slow cooker. Turn it on and let it cook away for 4 to 6 hours.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are already fully cooked so you just need to cook this soup long enough for the meatballs to heat up and for the flavors to meld together into an incredibly tasty soup.
When the soup is done cooking, shred some fresh Parmesan cheese and top each bowl with a little cheese to really bring out the Italian flavors.
So easy. So tasty. And everyone in the family is going to love this recipe!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Italian Meatball Soup Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
Frozen meatballs come in two basic varieties in most US grocery stores. Homestyle and Italian style. Because this is an Italian inspired soup you want to use the Italian style frozen meatballs (we used the Great Value brand from Walmart). However, if all you can find is the homestyle variety of frozen meatballs this recipe will still be fine if you use them.
Yes, you can use homemade meatballs in this recipe if you want to. If you are using homemade meatballs be sure they are fully cooked. If the homemade meatballs are frozen you will cook this recipe exactly the same as if you are using store bought frozen meatballs. If the homemade meatballs are not frozen adjust the cooking time by reducing the time to 5 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH.
Absolutely, you can use other types of beans in this recipe. I would suggest that you stick with beans that cook up white or light in color and have a mild flavor. Some suggestions would be white navy beans, lupini beans or even garbanzo beans.
More tasty Italian soup recipes to try!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Mouthwatering Crock-Pot Meatball Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Italian Meatball Soup Recipe
- 32 Ounces Frozen Italian Style Meatballs
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic And Oregano
- 15.5 Ounces Canned Cannellini Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (For Topping)
- To a 6 quart or larger slow cooker add the frozen meatballs, beef broth, water, canned Italian style tomatoes and drained and rinsed cannellini beans. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with some shredded Parmesan cheese and enjoy!