Warm up to a big bowl of this hearty Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone soup. A great vegetarian version of the classic Italian soup that tastes fantastic!
Slow Cooker Easy Minestrone
Thank You Reader Caroline Whetstone for the great recipe! This easy minestrone soup is a wonderfully hearty and frugal recipe to make for dinner any night of the week.
Filled with beans, veggies and pasta it is both delicious and filling.
Serve bowls of soup with sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top and serve with a fresh garden salad and some nice crusty bread and you have the perfect meal!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Can Opener
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
While this recipe, as written, is vegetarian, you can easily add meat to this recipe. Ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken or Italian sausage (casings removed) can be browned and crumbled in a skillet, drained and then added to the slow cooker along with the rest of the soup ingredients. No additional cooking time is required.
For the best results possible, we do not recommend cooking the pasta directly in the slow cooker as the pasta ends up absorbing quite a bit of the soup and tends to get mushy. We tested this recipe several times and found it really was best to cook the pasta on the stove-top in boiling water until the pasta is just al dente (cooked but still firm to the tooth when you bite it) and then adding the pasta to the soup.
If you have leftover soup it can be ladled into food safe freezer containers and frozen for up to 6 months. However the pasta will continue to absorb some of the soup and may turn a little bit more mushy. However the flavor is still great.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Hearty Slow Cooker Soups You Must Try!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone Recipe
- 2 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Diced)
- 2 Ribs Celery (Diced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 32 Ounces Vegetable Broth
- 16 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 16 Ounces Canned Kidney Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 16 Ounces Canned White Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 16 Ounces Canned Garbanzo Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
- ½ Head Cabbage (Chopped)
- 1 Tablesppoon Italian Seasoning (Or To Taste)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Elbow Macaroni (Uncooked)
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top until hot. Add the vegetable oil and butter and saute the carrots, celery and onion until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 or 2 additional minutes.
- Add vegetables to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, cabbage, Italian seasoning, parsley and pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and add to slow cooker right before serving.