Looking for an easy vegetarian or vegan dinner in the slow cooker? Try this recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo which is healthy, simple and satisfying!
Slow Cooker Easy Veggie Gumbo
This is similar to a Weight Watchers Take 5 Cookbook recipe that I used to make on the stove-top. But I always added some kind of meat because I just couldn’t live without it. Now I’m really trying to eat more vegetarian meals so I tried this without any meat and in the crock-pot.
It is a very hearty meal. You could serve this with some crusty bread or cornbread and your family would be more than satisfied. I love that this is so simple but so satisfying. I ate leftovers for lunch for a few days!
If you are not on a vegetarian diet, feel free to add some cut up kielbasa or andouille sausage!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo Recipe:
- 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart, 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Crockpot Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss!
- Soup, Stew And Chili Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Weight Watchers Recipes
- Easy Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo Recipe
- 30 Ounces Canned Red Kidney Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies (Such As RoTel Brand)
- 20 Ounces Frozen Cut Okra (Thawed)
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Cups Water (Divided)
- 2 Boxes Zatarain's Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix (Or Any Brand Cajun Seasoned Rice Mix)
- In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes with green chilies, thawed okra, bell pepper and 1 cup water.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until the bell peppers are tender.
- Add the rice mix and remaining 1 cup of water, stir to combine and continue to cook for 30 to 45 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Fluff rice with a fork, serve and enjoy!