This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Citrus-Chipotle Pulled Pork has only 4 ingredients but packs a flavor punch that will make your families mouth water!
Crock-Pot Citrus-Chipotle Pulled Pork
You cannot go wrong with pulled pork in the slow cooker, but sometimes the options get a little…shall we say boring? So I was sitting around thinking about how I can spice things up a bit and bring a little zest and a new flavor profile to the classic pulled pork recipes.
I love citrus, and so I went with orange simply because it is one of those fruits that I always have in the fruit drawer in the fridge. And then I thought I wanted to add a bit of kick too, so I went with Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, which offers some spice and smokiness to the meat. And to round it out and add a touch of sweetness I went with bottled barbecue sauce. You just add it all to your crockpot, let it cook until the meat is “fork tender” and shred it up.
The kids had lemonade 🙂
Crock-Pot Citrus-Chipotle Pulled Pork Recipe
- Place the pork shoulder roast in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger oval crock-pot.
- Meanwhile, in a blender blend together the barbecue sauce, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, orange zest and orange juice from the 2 oranges.
- Pour sauce over meat in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or HIGH 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove cooked meat from the crock-pot and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker into a bowl, skim off as much fat as you can from the sauce and set sauce aside.
- Allow the meat to rest for approximately 20 minutes and then shred meat away from the bone with a fork.
- Place meat back into crockpot and add as much or as little of the reserved sauce to your meat depending on how saucy you like your meat.
- Place cooked meat on rolls or buns and serve.
Linked up at: Hun… What’s For Dinner