Tender shredded pork in a homemade sweet & slightly spicy BBQ sauce is what you get with this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Honey Chipotle Pulled Pork!
Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Pulled Pork
I honestly feel that Crock-Pots are made for cooking pulled pork and finding new ways to make pulled pork is so much fun by adding new flavors. My family LOVES pulled pork sandwiches for dinner or lunches and I LOVE how easy they are to make.
I usually start with a nice bone-in pork shoulder roast. I pick out the smallest one I can find which is usually about 3 pounds and that makes PLENTY of pulled pork for dinner PLUS leftovers. Because it is summer I and I have to put together lunches for the kids (and all their friends most days) I just pop the leftovers in a food storage container in the fridge and then I heat them up in the microwave and toss the pork on a bun or in a tortilla. We also like to add the pulled pork to quesadillas or grilled cheese sandwiches. YUM
When the kids are not home for lunches then I just throw the leftovers into freezer bags for easy dinners on busy nights. I can just pull a bag of pulled pork out of the freezer and thaw it and warm it in the microwave or on the stove and I have the hard part of dinner ready to go.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Honey Chipotle Pulled Pork has a homemade BBQ sauce that is sweetened with honey and just a little bit of spice and smoke with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. You can add more spice as you wish by adding more of the spicy chipotle peppers. I keep this at a mild spice level for my family because…kids. But my husband who likes it spicy will spoon some of that adobo sauce into a bowl of pulled pork and then put it on his sandwich.
This recipe really is easy…it starts with a dry rub on your pork and then you put it in the slow cooker and let it cook all day. Remove the pork and shred it and discard the bone and any excess fat. Then blend up the sauce in your blender or food processor and pour it over the shredded pork and let it cook for just another hour or two so the flavors can meld together. Then…serve it and enjoy!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Honey Chipotle Pulled Pork is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Honey Chipotle Pulled Pork Recipe
- 3 pounds Bone-In Pork Shoulder Roast
- With a sharp knife trim the pork shoulder roast to remove any excess fat and discard.
- In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the dry rub and then rub the mixture all over the pork shoulder roast.
- Place the pork into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours until the pork is fully cooked and can easily be shredded
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat with two forks. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid from the pork and discard the rest.
- Add the shredded pork and the reserved 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid back into the crock-pot.
- In a blender or food processor blend all of the sauce ingredients together until the garlic and chipotle peppers are well blended. You may need to add a splash or two extra of apple cider vinegar if things are not blending well. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender so everything is combined.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded pork in the crock-pot and stir to coat the pork in the sauce. Cover and cook an additional 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve pork on buns (gluten free if you are on a GF diet), in tortillas as a wrap or add the shredded meat to salads, quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.