Zesty Italian seasonings & peppers are simmered in the slow cooker with a beef roast in this easy 5 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Homemade Italian Beef! Just 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving too!
Slow Cooker Homemade Italian Beef
This Crock-Pot Homemade Italian Beef recipe is super easy to make and has a ton of flavor. I am not personally a huge fan of spicy hot food but the peppers in this recipe gives the meat a nice “bite”, but nothing too hot, at least not too hot for me to handle.
What I really love about this recipe is how easy it is to dump everything in the slow cooker and let it cook all day long and come back home to a finished meal. Just lift the lid on the pot, shred the meat with a couple of forks and serve it up in some delicious rolls topped with a slice or two of provolone cheese.
I spooned some of the zesty cooking juices from the slow cooker into small bowls so that we could dip our sandwiches into the Au Jus for a drippy messy run down your wrists type meal.
Oh my heaven!
A total of 5 ingredients (minus the cheese and rolls) makes this a crock-pot meal that anyone can cook!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Homemade Italian Beef is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Homemade Italian Beef Recipe
- 3 pounds Beef Roast
- 1 ounce Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix ((I used 1 packet of Good Seasonings brand – or try our Homemade Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix))
- 16 ounces Jarred Pepperoncini Peppers ((1 jar, sliced))
- 28 ounces Beef Broth ((Two 14 ounce cans or use homemade))
- 8 ounces Italian Style Sandwich Mix Peppers ((I used 1/2 a jar of Mezzetta brand))
- Place beef, dry Italian dressing mix, beef broth and peppers in a 5 quart or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or until the meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and place on a rimmed baking sheet and shred the meat with a fork discarding any fat or bones if there is any.
- Place shredded meat back into the slow cooker with the cooking juices and let cook 1 more hour on HIGH.
- Serve meat on rolls or buns topped with provolone cheese.