Some folks call this dish “walking tacos” but we simply call it Crock-Pot Frito Pie. Crunchy Frito corn chips are topped with an easy homemade chili. YUM!
Slow Cooker Frito Pie
This recipe is so simple to make but is great for serving a crowd. I have taken this homemade chili and a couple bags of Fritos corn chips to several potlucks over the years and it is always a big hit with everyone. I usually pack up my slow cooker with the chili already made and hot, Fritos, and then prepare a couple of containers with toppings.
Cheese is a given, I like either a nice sharp cheddar cheese or some Monterey Jack. Diced red onions, sliced jalapeños (for those who like it spicy), sliced black olives, sour cream…all great toppings to offer folks.
The homemade chili in this recipe is nice and mild so that it is kid friendly. But you can spice it up if you are serving to a more mature crowd.
To serve just set out some bowls and spoons and let folks grab a handful of chips, spoon some chili on top and add whatever toppings they like.
So good, inexpensive to feed a crowd and filling.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Frito Pie is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Frito Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef (cooked and drained)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 15 ounces Canned Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces Canned White Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 10 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (such as RoTel brand)
- 11.5 ounces Vegetable Juice (such as V8 brand)
- 1 packet Chili Seasoning (such as McCormick brand)
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Corn Meal
- 10 ounces Fritos Corn Chips
- On the stove, cook ground beef with the garlic until ground beef is cooked. Drain.
- Add ground beef , Rotel, 2 cans of beans, V8 Juice and the Chili Spice to 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Use the corn meal to thicken if needed.
- Serve with a topping of corn chips and shredded cheese.