Pair this amazing recipe for Crock-Pot Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup with a nice crusty bread and a glass of red wine for a delicious dinner full of flavor!
Slow Cooker Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
This hearty soup really hits the spot on a chilly Fall or Winter day! Tender chunks of beef stew meat are simmered away in a tomato based broth along with mushrooms, carrots and the perfect seasonings.
Then you add some rice to the slow cooker and allow that to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes more for a soup that fills you up.
I like to serve bowls of this soup with slices of crusty bread so that I can sop up the yummy warm broth.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
More Tasty Crockpot Soups To Try!
Crock-Pot Hearty Beef and Mushroom Soup
- 2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
- 28 Ounces Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 4 Medium Carrots ((Peeled And Sliced))
- 1 Pound Sliced White Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Burgundy Wine ((Or Other Dry Red Wine))
- 3 Cloves Garlic ((Minced))
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion ((Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Whole Bay Leaf
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Cup Long-Grain White Rice ((Uncooked))
- Dump all ingredients, except for the rice, into a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the carrots are tender.
- Uncover slow cooker and stir in the dry rice.
- Place lid back on slow cooker and continue to cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and serve with slices of crusty bread if desired and enjoy!