If you love the Pasta Fagoli Soup at Olive Garden restaurants you are going to LOVE this copycat version that you can make in your slow cooker! This recipe for Crock-Pot Pasta Fagoli Soup is warm and hearty full of flavorful vegetables, beans, ground beef and pasta all swimming in a delicious Italian broth!
Slow Cooker Pasta Fagoli Soup
Living in a small town in Wyoming means that everything is pretty far away. It is about a 2 to 3 hour drive to get to the “big city” where we can go to a mall, shop at our favorite stores or eat at some of the more popular restaurants.
We try to plan a couple of trips to either Rapid City South Dakota or Casper Wyoming several times a year. But because the winter weather is pretty harsh up here in Wyoming I really try not to do a whole lot of long distance travel in the winter.
But when we do go to the “Big City” we really make the most of those trips. We usually plan an overnight or weekend trip so that we can shop, eat and visit local attractions with the kids. We get a hotel room, preferably one with an indoor pool or water slide.
While we are there we always hit the mall and department stores (Kohl’s is my favorite), Target (oh how I wish we had a Target…I could seriously do some damage if we had a Target closer…OK maybe that is a good thing), the craft store (Hobby Lobby or Michael’s), Sam’s Club for stocking up on essentials like baking supplies, meat, and snacks in bulk and then we eat out….
While I love to check out Yelp and see what the favorite eating spots of the local folks are and explore new and different restaurants and cuisines my husband is kind of a non-adventurous sort…either that or his mind just gets set on revisiting his favorite foods. Olive Garden is one of his favorites.
I have to admit, I like it too. The kids are always sure to find something on the menu that they will like and eat, their salad is of course amazing and who can pass up UNLIMITED bread sticks?
Whenever I go I always order salad, bread-sticks and soup and their Pasta Fagoli soup is one of my favorites.
Because weather that is good for traveling feels like pretty far off and I got a hankering for a bowl of that warm and satisfying Olive Garden soup I decided I would give my hand at making it at home on a cold winter day. And of course I had to make it in my Crock-Pot…because…well, I am a Crock-Pot Lady!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did. I served this soup with some other copycat recipes I found on Pinterest from other great food bloggers.
Both of those recipes came out pretty darn close to what you would get at the restaurant. Give them a try…I highly recommend them!
I love when I utilize my slow cooker for cooking the main dish because that can really free up my time to make something like homemade bread-sticks and whip up a from-scratch salad dressing.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Pasta Fagoli Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Pasta Fagoli Soup (Olive Garden Copycat Recipe)
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef (97% lean)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 5 medium Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 14.5 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 6 ounces Canned Tomato Paste
- 15 ounces Canned Cannellini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces Canned Red Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups Ditalini Pasta (buy this pasta on Amazon)
- 1 whole Bay Leaf
- 32 ounces Beef Stock
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Add the hamburger and chopped onions to a medium skillet on the stove-top. Brown and crumble the meat and cook until cooked through and the onions are translucent. Drain excess grease off the hamburger and add meat mixture to the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, bay leaf, cabbage and beef stock into the slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the carrots are nice and tender.
- During the last 1/2 hour of the cooking time on the soup cook the 2 cups of pasta on the stove top according to the directions on the pasta package.
- Add the pasta to the soup right before serving.
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
- Serve hot bowls of soup with shredded Parmesan cheese over top and a side and some nice bread and salad for a complete meal!