Everyone loves the creamy and cheesy flavor in this super simple recipe for Crock-Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup! Pair big bowls of this delicious comforting soup with slices of crusty French bread for a dinner the whole family will love. This soup also freezes beautifully so you can have soup on hand ready to warm up.
Slow Cooker Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Everyone loves the rich, creamy and cheesy soup! I love dipping some crusty Italian or French bread in this cheesy broccoli soup!
Serve with a fresh garden salad for a great dinner or lunch that is perfect for any day of the week!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup Recipe
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Immersion Blender (Optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily swap out fresh broccoli that has been cut into florets for the frozen broccoli in this recipe with no further adjustments to the cooking process or time?
If you are opposed to using American processed cheese (Velveeta being the most popular U.S. brand or you just cannot find it in your country you can use 16 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese and 16 ounces of cream cheese. Add both of these ingredients in at the same time you would add the Velveeta cheese and give the soup a good stirring to allow the cheese to melt and come together.
More Tasty Crockpot Soups!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup Recipe
- Add butter and onions to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until the butter is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Add flour to the slow cooker and stir until all the flour has absorbed the melted butter.
- Add half & half one cup at a time, whisking after each cup is added.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove lid and add American cheese cubes, stir.
- Recover slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 hour on HIGH to allow the cheese to melt.
- If you would like your soup smoother, you can use an immersion blender to blend the soup right in the slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy.