Pork cubes are simmered with chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and cumin in this fantastic recipe for Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew! Top each bowl with lime and fresh cilantro for a POP of flavor!
Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew
Thanks to reader Christina M. for this awesome recipe for a Mexican pork stew that is made in the slow cooker!
In this recipe a pork roast is cut into cubes and simmered away in the slow cooker in chicken broth with green chilies, sweet potatoes, onions and tomatoes and a bit of cumin to bring that amazing Mexican flavor.
Right before serving, freshly squeezed lime juice is stirred into the stew and then each bowl is topped with some fresh chopped cilantro for a POP of flavor that really brightens the flavor in this delicious Mexican stew!
- Lean Pork Roast – You will want to look for a pork loin roast or pork tenderloin. Cut the roast into about 1 inch cubes. Some grocery stores may have pork stew meat that is already cut up. If they have that you can use that to save a little time cutting meat.
- Chicken Broth – I like to use my homemade chicken broth, but low-sodium store bought broth works too.
- Canned Diced Green Chilies – Just dump the whole can in the slow cooker, juices and all.
- Canned Tomatoes With Green Chilies – Such as RoTel brand.
- Yellow Onion – Peeled and diced.
- Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Sweet Potato – Peeled and then cut into about 1/2 inch cubes.
- Lime Juice – You will need about 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice which is about 1 to 2 limes.
- Cilantro – Top each bowl right before serving with some chopped cilantro. Not everyone loves cilantro so if you don’t love it (like I do) feel free to skip it.
- Add pork cubes, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, onion, cumin, salt and pepper to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and add cubed sweet potato.
- Recover slow cooker and continue cooking on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until pork and sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Stir freshly squeezed lime juice into stew and ladle into bowls.
- Top each bowl with fresh chopped cilantro before serving.
- 5 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Cutting Board
- Can Opener
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Citrus Juicer
More Fantastic Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock-Pot Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (Mexican Shredded Pork)
- Crock-Pot Mexican Red Beans
|Mexican Crock-Pot Recipes||Pork Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Stew Slow Cooker Recipes||Cinco de Mayo Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Sweet Potato Crock-Pot Recipes||5 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|