You won’t miss the meat with this healthy and nutritious recipe for Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili! Featuring beans, tomatoes, quinoa and the perfect blend of peppers and spices this recipe is perfect for vegans and vegetarians or anyone looking for a tasty meatless meal!
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Whether you are a strict dietary vegan or vegetarian or you just want to have a meatless meal (think Meatless Monday) this easy “dump and go” recipe is for vegetarian chili made in the slow cooker is perfect.
This tasty recipe features 4 types of beans, 3 kinds of peppers, tomatoes, quinoa and spices to make a really flavorful and nutritious chili is that is high in fiber, gluten free and Weight Watchers diet friendly too!
But, there are two things I love most about this recipe and they are:
- Dump And Go – That means that there is no pre-cooking anything or any extra steps. You just prepare your ingredients (open cans, rinse some beans, dice some peppers) and toss everything in the slow cooker all at once.
- Cook All Day – You can get everything in the slow cooker before you head to work or whatever you do all day and let this hearty vegetarian chili cook away for 6 to 8 hours on LOW heat. When you get home, this meat-free chili is ready to scoop into bowls, top with your favorite chili toppings and eat.
That makes it super easy to make a healthy and nutritious meal for your family without any fuss. No excuses right?
This recipe also makes a lot of chili. It easily serves 16 adults. So it is perfect for a crowd (think Game Day). But if you are not cooking for a large crew like I am (family of 7 here) that is okay too. What I like to do is freeze up single serve containers so I have easy to heat up lunches!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes:
Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 45 Ounces Canned Chili Beans
- 30 Ounces Canned Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 30 Ounces Canned Great Northern Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 30 Ounces Canned Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 30 Ounces Canned Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 16 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- ⅔ Cup Quinoa
- 4 Ounces Canned Diced Jalapeño Peppers (or 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced)
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers (seeded and diced, any color)
- 2 Medium Poblano Peppers (seeded and diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker stir together all of the ingredients.30 Ounces Canned Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes –30 Ounces Canned Great Northern Beans –30 Ounces Canned Black Beans –45 Ounces Canned Chili Beans –30 Ounces Canned Vegetarian Refried Beans –4 Ounces Canned Diced Jalapeño Peppers –16 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce –3 Cups Vegetable Broth –⅔ Cup Quinoa –4 Medium Bell Peppers –2 Medium Poblano Peppers –2 Tablespoons Ground Paprika –2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Ladle hot chili into bowl and top with your favorite chili toppings such as cheese, sour cream, cilantro, corn chips, etc.
- Dig in and enjoy!