Your family will flip when served a big bowl of this Crock-Pot Zesty Italian Soup. A hearty soup filled with beans and vegetables and chucks of beef are simmered away in a broth made zesty by a secret ingredient – bottled Italian salad dressing!
Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Soup
This was a recipe I threw together while cleaning out the fridge and freezer the other day. I discovered a package of stew meat and some veggies decided to throw together a quick soup for dinner. And then I spotted half a bottle of Italian salad dressing and thought “well that might be interesting….”
And so it was born. A recipe for Crock-Pot Zesty Italian Soup!
And it was good.
The Italian salad dressing added just the right amount of zip and zing to an otherwise ordinary soup. And to “beef” things up I cooked up some curly rotini pasta and tossed those bad boys in before serving.
I know we end up getting a lot of comments about having cook pasta separately. I know, it adds an extra step. You could PROBABLY cook the pasta in the Crock-Pot but as a personal preference thing, I don’t. I find the pasta comes out mushy and changes the texture of the soup dish I am cooking. When you cook pasta the noodle release starch into the cooking liquid. And that starch thickens up the dish. That might be what you are looking for in some dishes. But I decided not this one.
No mushy noodles. Just a really great soup!
Serve this with a nice tossed salad and maybe some crusty Italian bread for a light dinner.
- More Delicious Crock-Pot Soup Recipes
- More Beef Stew Meat Crock-Pot Recipes
- More Italian Crock-Pot Recipes
- More 6-Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Zesty Italian Soup Recipe
- 1 ½ Pounds Beef Stew Meat (cut into small pieces)
- 29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (with liquid)
- 30 Ounces Canned Kidney Beans (with liquid)
- 1 Cup Bottled Italian Salad Dressing (your favorite brand)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 Ribs Celery (diced)
- 3 Medium Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 Medium Zucchini (diced)
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pound Rotini Pasta
- Add all ingredients except the pasta to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 ½ Pounds Beef Stew Meat –29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes –30 Ounces Canned Kidney Beans –1 Cup Bottled Italian Salad Dressing –1 Medium Yellow Onion –2 Ribs Celery –3 Medium Carrots –2 Medium Zucchini –2 Cups Beef Broth –2 Cloves Garlic –1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours on LOW or 3-4 hours on high.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package on the stove-top and drain.1 Pound Rotini Pasta
- Add cooked pasta to soup and serve and enjoy!