Are you looking for a kid friendly recipe? Look no further! This recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole will knock their socks off!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
This recipe is one of my kids favorites and something I make, oh, about once a month. Even Parker my “I hate casseroles” kid is fond of this one as long as I don’t mention the word casserole.
Kids are weird like that aren’t they?
You can easily toss this recipe together in the morning and have it cooking and ready to go by dinner time. One of the ways I save time and money on a recipe like this is prepare ahead of time. When boneless skinless chicken breasts go on sale, I pick up a couple extra packages, bring them home, cut them up into bite sized pieces and freeze in freezer zipper bags.
The same concept applies to when bacon is on sale – buy a few extra packages, cook it up, crumble it and freeze it.
Then I have chicken ready for soups, casseroles, stir-fry’s and other dishes and the bacon is ready to top baked potatoes, sprinkle on soups (like our Bacon & Bean Soup) or on salads instead of of fake baco’ bits that are not even real bacon…yulk!
> Try our recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix in this recipe! <
I like to serve this casserole with a nice healthy green salad on the side but any sort of steamed veggies would do too.
More Tasty Slow Cooker Dinners To Try!
- Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker BBQ Boneless Beef Ribs + Video
- Crock-Pot Italian Chicken & Zucchini
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Rice
- Crock-Pot Venison Roast
Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 5 – 6 quart crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray (or use a crock-pot liner)
- Mix ranch dressing mix into cup of milk and stir with a fork until combined, set aside.
- Layer half of the frozen tater tots in the bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle tater tot layer with 1/3 of the cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese layer with 1/3 of the crumbled and cooked bacon.
- Sprinkle bacon layer with cut up chicken pieces.
- Layer cheese, then bacon, then the remaining tater tots.
- Sprinkle final layer of tater tots with cheese and bacon.
- Give milk and ranch dressing mix one last stir and then pour over layers in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!