Take advantage of fresh seasonal peaches with this delicious and easy to make recipe for Crock-Pot Peach Crisp. No heating up the house with the oven! Take this simple dessert over the top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Slow Cooker Peach Crisp
Peaches are in season right now big time and the other day as I was driving around town running errands I noticed that there was a roadside stand for fresh peaches from Colorado. I had to stop.
We used to have a peach tree in our backyard when I was growing up in California and I love fresh peaches. And one of my favorite desserts is peach crisp it just reminds me of home. My mom always made her peach crisp in the oven, but man that heats up the house! And who wants to do that when summer temps are soaring? So good ol’ trust crock-pot to the rescue!
Serve plain, hot, warm or cold. With whipped cream or ice cream. Yes…I think ice cream is in order.
I am sure you can modify this recipe to your hearts content too and use other seasonal produce. In fact I really want to do a cherry crisp but alas have had a hard time finding sour pie cherries in the grocery stores…maybe I will find some soon at a local roadside produce stand…we shall see!
Crock-Pot Peach Crisp Recipe
- In a bowl combine peaches, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and granulated sugar and toss to combine.
- Pour peaches into the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and cut with a pastry blender or two knives and cut until mixture resembles a coarse crumble.
- Evenly pour crumble mixture over top of peaches.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours.