This easy to make recipe for Crock-Pot Bacon & Bean Soup Recipe combines the down home flavors of beans and bacon in a belly warming combination that is sure to please. Prepare your soup in the morning and let it cook all day for an easy healthy dinner.
Slow Cooker Bacon & Bean Soup
I don’t have much to say about this recipe except that it is DELICIOUS!
Seriously, this soup hits the spot on a cold winter day like nobody’s business And it is totally one of those recipes that you can start in the morning and let it simmer away in the slow cooker all day and BAM dinner is done at dinner time.
Yep this is good.
Try it…you will see!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Bacon & Bean Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Bacon & Bean Soup Recipe
- 6 slices Bacon ((*see note))
- 16 ounces Dried Great Northern Beans (soaked (**see note))
- 32 ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (store bought or homemade)
- 1 whole Onion (diced)
- 3 – 5 whole Carrots (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Drain the soaking water from the beans and pour the beans into a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker.
- Add the the chicken broth, onion, carrots, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Add additional water as needed to cover the beans by about 1 inch.
- Add half of the cooked bacon to the slow cooker, setting the remaining cooked bacon aside in the refrigerator to add later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 6 to 8 hours or until the beans are cooked through.
- Right before serving add the rest of the cooked bacon into the slow cooker and season to taste with additional salt if needed.