Use a packet of Crock-Pot Brand seasoning to really spice things up in this family friendly recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Herb Chicken and Veggies! This is a complete meal cooked right in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Easy Herb Chicken and Veggies
Like most parents, I find planning what I am going to cook for dinner to be complicated and time consuming. Even if I am using my slow cooker to get ahead of the game.
Sometimes, I just don’t have time to find 15 ingredients, cook meat ahead of time, or chop a bunch of vegetables (okay okay, it is pretty hard to get out of chopping any veggies at all, but I still like to find ways to make it a little easier on myself.)
We were invited by Crock-Pot (yes THAT Crock-Pot) to join in a fun recipe contest. They were kind enough to send me a brand new 6 quart Crock-Pot and a variety of their brand new, barely out in the stores Crock-Pot Mixes.
The goal of the contest was to make a recipe from one of the mixes that they sent us. The mixes that came with the new Crock-Pot were Savory Herb Chicken, Hearty Beef Stew, Original Chili, Savory Pot Roast, BBQ Pulled Pork, and Beef Stroganoff.
They all sounded SO tasty. But I decided to go with the Savory Herb Chicken seasoning mix, as it was a bit more unique for what we have done here at Crock Pot Ladies vs pulled pork or chili.
The nice thing with seasoning mixes is that it’s easy to know how much seasonings one should use, and dried seasonings actually work better in slow cookers when placed with the rest of the ingredients. Fresh herbs work better when you place them within a short time of serving. Since this dish is made in layers, dried herbs will work much better.
The dish was easy to put together, and we found it very delicious. We ate it all up within 2 days, which is pretty good for my little ones. I can’t wait to try out the rest of the mixes!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Herb Chicken and Veggies is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Herb Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 packet Crock-Pot Brand Savory Herb Chicken Seasoning Mix
- 4 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 whole Yellow Onions (chopped, divided)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped, divided)
- 1 ½ pounds Yellow Potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together the packet of Crock-Pot Savory Herb Chicken seasoning mix with 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and place a single layer of chicken in the slow cooker.
- Brush the top of the chicken with the seasoning mix and olive oil mixture using a pastry brush.
- Cover chicken with half of the onion and garlic.
- Lay down the other half of the chicken on top, season with salt and brush again with the seasoning mix & olive oil mixture.
- Add the remaining half of the onion and garlic to the top of the chicken.
- Add a layer of carrots, potatoes and then a final layer of diced tomatoes.
- Drizzle the remaining seasoning mix and olive oil mixture over the top of everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours until the chicken is fully cooked.