If you love the chicken gnocchi soup at The Olive Garden then you are going to love our slow cooker copycat version! Tender potato gnocchi floats in a creamy soup with chicken and veggies in this easy to make recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Your family will love the flavor and you will love how easy it comes together in your slow-cooker!
Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
Summer is over and school has started here. With school starting, the cooler weather will slowly start to come about. Today we are having some rain and nice cool breezes. Makes me think about soup!
There really is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup for dinner or lunch if you ask me.
I have never tried cooking with potato gnocchi before and decided to give this soup a try after I had a bowl of an amazing Chicken Gnocchi soup at The Olive Garden. I knew immediately that I had to try and recreate that recipe at home in my slow cooker!
I used home canned chicken chunks and chicken stock I made myself too. But you could easily use left over chicken, rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken too. And of course store bought chicken stock works just great too.
I liked the flavor of the soup and the ease of making the recipe itself. This recipe is one I am going to make again and again for sure!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Soups To Try!
- Crock-Pot Quinoa Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Scotch Broth
- Crock-Pot Lobster Bisque + Video
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beef & Veggie Soup
- Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup
Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1 ½ Pounds Cooked Chicken (Diced Or Shredded)
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 5 Stalks Celery (Sliced)
- 3 Medium Carrots (Peeled And Sliced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 16 Ounces Potato Gnocchi
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Evaporated Milk
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 8 Ounces Fresh Spinach (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- In a 4 quart or larger slow cooker add the chicken, chicken stock, celery, carrots, onion and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl mix together the corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water to create a slurry which will thicken the soup.
- After 6 hours of cooking time has passed stir in the potato gnocchi and the corn starch/water mixture and the evaporated milk to the slow cooker.
- In a small skillet add the olive oil, garlic and spinach and saute until the garlic is lightly browned and the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in the spinach mixture into the soup in the slow cooker and recover and cook 1 additional hour on LOW.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and serve with bread or crackers for a delicious soup for dinner or lunch.